Wednesday, May 7, 2008

mum-BAI blues

It’s a very difficult life living alone in Mumbai. Some people think…well let me put it this way, most people think it's all fun, you get unlimited freedom, come home as and when you like, leave home when you please…but no one seems to see the flipside to it. I agree the cons don’t compare to the pros…but the point is THERE ARE cons. Take for example the topic of discussion in this post. ‘BAIs’. It is impossible…and trust me I have a lot of experience here…it is impossible to find a bai that will satisfy all your needs (for people with exceptionally dirty minds, I didn’t mean what you were thinking). First of all, since you live alone they think why in the name of God would you want a spotless house or clean utensils or washed clothes. They think living alone is a synonym of living dirty. No matter how many times you tell them, how many times you warn them, they will still not satisfy you (don’t wander…stay with me). They know that we bachelors are too lazy to fire them and then go out looking for another bai who will also work only as efficiently as the previous one. Then there is this everlasting issue about food. Finding a bai who can cook good food is like finding the Holy Grail. Impossible. And then after you have tried their food and asked them to stop cooking anymore but still do the other chores of the house…oh my God! It’s like war. After that they will make it a point to screw up. And then show absolutely no remorse when you do reprimand them. Basically, the point is…I’m very flustered with my bai. So if any of you know of an efficient bai in the 7 bungalows area…please let me know.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

NIX ...reality check one...

writing is good.

n paragraphs needed.

Like the blog name.

bai is not a topic i want to read on please..

ALL the best ...ill give u reality checks on every blog for sure...

Something Relevant said...

Well, to tell you the truth I was very skeptical about your latest "career" choice. I mean, what does a son of a chemical baron who has studied chemical engineering, worked a chemical job, also worked in finance, know anything about advertising!

But then I read what you wrote, and even though you have a long long way to go, I see potential(trust me, I know these things).

So, I'm behind you all the way and very proud. Just work at it, cos you really have a long way to go.

P.S: If you want to be taken seriously, I'd suggest unlearn whatever computer shortcuts (plzz, k, brb, rockin..) we all have picked up. Spellcheck and proofread. Get the basics right first :)

I'M WATCHING YOU