Thursday, May 22, 2008

finally...

You don’t really know or realise what you have missed, what you have been longing for till you actually get it. It felt so perfect, so right, so deserving. I used to love it. In fact in those childish days I used to actually call it my first and only love. Then somewhere, something went wrong and it disappeared. You remember those old Hindi movies where two ‘bichde hue bhai’ reunite. And the reaction they give when they realise they’re brothers (I don’t think there is a more exaggerated show of pure happiness). That is precisely how I felt. And believe me I’m not exaggerating. It was almost as if adrenaline was carrying my blood rather than the other way round. I felt exalted, elevated, liberated. It was a feeling I had never felt before. The feeling I had missed for so long. The feeling ‘yes, this is where I belong’, the instant connection, the belief, the rush...of finally playing basketball.

1 comment:

Dev said...

From wat u say .. u sound filmy .. i think u r filmy ... correct me if am wrong ...

n ya i felt the same way when i played tennis a couple of months ago (after 5 years)