Thursday, February 19, 2009

wishing stupidity

I have realised that more often than not, having a better understanding comes across as a curse and not a blessing or something to be proud of. It only tends to complicate matters. Situations, events, actions that are practically inconsequential are blown out or proportion by this so called ‘power’. The problem lies in the multi faceted thinking capacity. There is no point of view that is ‘mine’. Because I can understand all the points of view, or perceive what are the different points of view possible it creates a ruckus in the head. What is right? Who is right? What is supposed to be? And what is it that I want it to be? Everything gets mixed up like in the agitator machine for better diffusion and the result is of course the formation of a bloody vortex, which is undesirable. (I couldn’t help this comparison; after all I am a chemical engineer)

Sometimes, and these days a lot more often I feel it would have been a lot better if I was dumb and stupid. It would simplify almost everything. Not to mention the added relief of not having people’s very heavy expectations riding on your back. Atleast the picture would be clear then. Now, it’s all hazy and foggy, and therefore the delay in departure.

If after reading all this, you’re still expecting some kind of conclusion from this piece, then I must say you are one of the lucky ones (dumb and stupid). ;)

No comments: