Monday, November 10, 2008

turMoilS

Is it always necessary to act, think or do the ‘right’ thing? How do you define what’s right? How do you differentiate the right from the wrong? Can you differentiate the right from the wrong? I don’t think they are compartmentalised. I don’t think there is a strict line drawn between the two. I think they lead into one another, merge into each other, mix with each other. This is what is commonly referred to as ‘the grey region’. I guess. But you see, even that term has a predominantly negative feel to it. Like you’ve already passed the judgement that grey is as good as black.

There are certain things I would like to do. Certain things that most definitely fall under the grey category (if not the black). So is it still justified to go ahead and do it?
Especially considering that I am aware of this nature of my desires. I mean, if not now when I’m 24 (just turned) and when I have certain amount of leeway with the extent of the mistakes I’m allowed to commit, then when? I do not want to act upon the wisdom gained by over 40 years of life when I still have over 15 years to get there. It’s all confusing. Very confusing. And very very questionable of course.

Isn’t this supposed to be the time when I am all carefree and doing as I please? Forget about ‘supposed’ to be. This is what I want to be doing. Are there any guidelines, any rules, or any such thing we need to be following? When do we know that ‘it’s time now.’ When?

No comments: